Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The First of Many...I Hope

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions.  Just hearing the word resolution in relation to anything sets an automatic expectation, and permission, for that thing to fail.  However, I do believe in goals.  Goals have meaning, steps, something to work toward, a sense of commitment.  

That being said, one of my goals for this year is to develop hobbies that will develop me as a person.  This seemed like a good place to start.  

I don't have a lot of hobbies.  I have a lot of interests, but not a lot of hobbies.  Just thinking about finding time for hobbies is exhausting to me.  There are just too many balls in the air - taking care of my toddler, maintenance on the car, grocery shopping, working 40 hours and then volunteering 10 at church, keeping in touch with my parents, cleaning the house (when company is coming), and the list goes on and on.  Did I mention that there is a husband in there somewhere that I occasionally spend time with? Although it may sound like it, I'm not complaining.  I truly love the life that God has given me. Often there's chaos, but the slow down always comes right on time.  

I hope that this project not only becomes a great outlet for me, but also a help for all 5 people that will read it...if I'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment